Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jesus...the example of selflessness

I can tend to be such a selfish person in my flesh. Today for example, I encountered a situation that challenged what I wanted to do, and took away from my time. I realized afresh that selfish has no place in the Christian walk, and is something that God wants to mercifully weed out of my heart. Jesus only did the things the Father said to do. He was totally surrendered to His will. The more I am surrendered to the Holy Spirit, the less place selfishness has to dwell. It's not about my life anymore...it's about His life living through me. I am not my own anymore...and that includes my time. Honestly...I don't like having to learn this lesson, and sometimes wish life would be easier, but I also know that there are things that I can only learn in the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment